Thursday, August 28, 2003

sick as a dog

my head just ached all day yesterday because of sinus stuff. just in case you wanted to know, all my snot was a funny colour, so from what I understand, this means that it was probably more than just allergies, it was actually a sickness.

because of the funny colours, I called in to work and stayed home. which should have been cool. it wasn't. if I had gotten off my butt and gone to the store for some medicine I probably could have eased the pressure in my head and could have enjoyed the three new video games I got Tuesday (Vagrant Story, SSX, and Half-Life). Instead I just laid around feeling lightheaded.

I did was Glengarry Glen Ross. amazing dialogue with amazing acting to boot. Mamet is probably one of my recent favorites.

speaking of dogs, I should mention the fact that our old dog Bandit is pretty much blind and deaf. also he has arthritis so it's hard for him to move around. but dangit if he isn't lovable. we got him from the local sheltie rescue several weeks back and he now recognizes us and knows that he's not going to have to be moving any more. he's 13+ years old as far as we can tell. we're quite attached.

our cats, Ash and Finch are just young and crazy. they're super affectionate and when they aren't chasing each other around the house knocking stuff over, they're purring in our laps. we're quite attached to them also.

so here's to another day!!

-s