Wednesday, January 07, 2004

funerals are a strange affair. Gramin's was yesterday.



Her church is a very large presbyterian church that is still in the process of being constructed. The sanctuary is large and ornate, but still not quite finished. They've yet to add carpet to the room, so the concrete floors and high ceiling gave the room a very big sound.



Per the family's request i played and sang 4 verses of Amazing Grace using a crappy guitar. Thanks to the lack of carpeting, I didn't even need a microphone.



Death is so strange and sureal to me. I can't figure out why i've yet to experience any sadness. I could be bottling it up, or maybe I shed all my tears ahead of time.



I am happy to say that on Christmas day, just 7 days before her death, Gramin, Lara, my cousin and I got to share a small christmas meal together at her apartment. After our small meal we bundled up and went out on to the deck and enjoyed the wonderful sunshine. It was a beautiful day and we all smiled and felt alive together. It is a very nice memory.